I know somebody who asks her kids the same questions every year and writes down their answers. They re-read these interviews on their birthdays. Silas is turning 3 soon, and is finally old enough to have a real, questions-and-responses-type conversation. I think that it would be fun to do this, but I’m not sure what questions I want to ask or how many. Probably not more than 10. Here’s what I have so far.
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
- Tell me about your friends. (I was going to say “Who’s your best friend?” but I don’t like how that implies ranking)
- What’s your favorite thing to do?
- What do you think about our family?
- What’s the most exciting thing we did this year?
- What was the hardest thing you did this year?